Cures for toenail fungus can be a long process because like other infections, you want to find the best method to treat toenail fungus. And sometimes, you waste a lot of money in conventional medicines because although it may be helpful, you find yourself suffering from the side effects of prescription drugs, which can be more difficult to deal with than undergoing the actual treatment itself.
Toenail fungus cures are also available homeopathically, such as tea tree oil, or to use Vicks VapoRub to cure your toenail fungal infection. But whatever treatable methods you find helpful, you may want adhere to adjunct, preventive measurements in order to achieve a long lasting effect of the treatment of choice. Toenail fungus thrives in moist conditions. That’s why the feet are susceptible to being infected easily and is no big surprise that it is a recurring infection.
In order to prolong your treatment and to lessen your chances of getting fungal nail infections again, preventive measures must be taken into consideration in conjunction to your treatment. Below are some helpful pointers.
- Keep your feet dry. It is best to wear cotton socks and change them often as necessary.
- After showering, make sure to completely dry your feet. Maintaining clean floors are helpful and may hinder your chances of contracting fungal infections.
- Because you have natural body bacteria, it is recommended not to share towels with other persons.
- Nail polish can worsen the nail fungus; so do not apply nail polish until the fungus is gone.
- It is best to file your nails thin enough for the medication to penetrate and become effective.
And last, but not least, bacteria love and thrive on sugar. If you have sweet tooth, then it is suggested that you at least tone down your sugar consumption until the toenail fungus in treated.
Treat toenail fungus with the above preventive measurements and your treatment should have an increasing and prolonging effect.